Terms & Conditions
Thank you for visiting us at Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpets. You may use the website only in accordance with these General Terms and Conditions and, in any event, for lawful and proper purposes which include complying with all applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice in Ireland, the EU and any other jurisdiction from which you are accessing the site.
Please note that further Terms and Conditions will be in force for events, promotions and other activity on the website from time to time and you should also familiarise yourself with these Terms and Conditions.
Please also note that in addition to these Terms and Conditions, your statutory rights are unaffected.
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before placing your order and if you have any queries please contact our Customer Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org. By using the website you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and any additional Terms and Conditions that may be in force applicable to certain promotions, events or otherwise from time to time.
These Terms and Conditions will change from time to time so please regularly check this page to note any changes that may be made. Changes to Terms and Conditions will only apply to orders placed after that change has been made.
In using the site you agree that you:
- will provide true, accurate, current, complete and non misleading information on any registration form or as otherwise reasonably requested by Corcoran’s Furniture and its associated companies or affiliates (herein referred to as “Corcoran’s or Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet”)
will not disclose any unauthorised, false or fraudulent details
will not post, transmit or otherwise disseminate any information on or via the website which is or may be harmful, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, harmful, tortuous, racist or otherwise illegal or offensive
will not post, transmit or otherwise disseminate any materials that infringe the proprietary rights of any third party including intellectual property rights and rights of privacy
If you are provided with a User ID, password or other information as part of our procedures it is your responsibility to treat such information as confidential and not disclose it to any third party. Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet reserves the right to disable any User ID or password either chosen by you or allocated by Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet in the event that Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet believes you may have failed to comply with the Terms and Conditions.
- You are responsible for your method of access to this website. You are also responsible to ensure that all persons accessing this website through your internet connection are aware and in compliance with the Terms and Conditions.
- Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Terms under which this website is provided
Access to this site is provided on a temporary basis and we reserve the right at any time to
- amend these Terms and Conditions without notice
- withdraw or amend the service without notice
- to withdraw access to some or all of the site
- to suspend some or all of the services offered
- remove goods , featured jobs or promotions from the site
- cancel your registration and/or account without prior notice
- report any breach under the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them concerning your use of this site or otherwise
We will not be liable if the website is unavailable for any period of time.
Conditions of Making an Online Purchase
- You may purchase certain goods online at www.corcoransfurniture.ie. Please see our delivery and returns information for details of delivery charges and restrictions. The delivery times given are estimated and from time to time may be affected by events outside our control, for example inclement weather or postal strikes, for which we will not be responsible.
- We offer Free Standard Delivery on orders over €500 within Munster, we reserve the right to withdraw the offer at any time and standard restrictions apply. For orders under €500 a shipping fee will apply on check out.
- By placing an order online you make an offer to purchase in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. We will acknowledge receipt of your order both online and via an email order confirmation but this does not constitute our acceptance of your offer to purchase. Your offer has been accepted only when we have confirmed that the order has been dispatched and payment has been made. You will be responsible for all applicable taxes, duties or other charges that may be applied by Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet or otherwise to your order.
- Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet reserves the right to refuse any order for any reason. Orders may be delayed or cancelled where Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet is not given completely accurate information and/or is unable to contact the person who placed the order or cardholder responsible for payment of same. Refusal of the order may be as a result of stock availability, payment authorisation, pricing or product description error or not meeting terms & conditions.
- Once we accept your order it cannot be amended. Therefore please ensure it is accurate when you confirm the order.
- Once you’ve placed an order on the website, we will send you an email to acknowledge your order. This acknowledgement does not imply an acceptance of the order. If you have paid through a PayPal or Stripe account, your account will be charged when the order is placed.
- You are entitled to a cooling off period of 14 days, which begins the day you receive the goods. All returned goods should be in an unused condition and in their original packaging. Please note a restocking charge of 20% of the value of the returned item(s) will be applied to cover any costs incurred. Made to order goods and goods specially ordered for you cannot be returned. Please note that mattresses, divans, pillows, and duvets cannot be returned for hygiene reasons. Please see our Delivery and Returns Policy for exclusions, conditions and method of return.
Presentation, pricing and availability of goods
- We always aim to ensure that all details, sizes, colours, descriptions and prices appearing on this website are accurate, but from time to time errors may occur. While we try to accurately represent the colour of an item in our photographic representation of the item may be affected by the settings of the computer on which it is viewed or for other technical reasons.
- Where we have made an error in the price of an item on our site we reserve the right to withdraw this item from sale at this price and present it at the correct price. If you have placed an order at the incorrect price, we will inform you of the error and give you the opportunity to confirm your order at the correct price, or cancel the order.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- All items sold are subject to availability and while every effort is made to fulfil your order, products turn over very quickly in our warehouse and on rare occasions the item you require may not be available although you have received a confirmation of your order. We will advise you by email if we have to cancel your order for this reason, and no payment will be taken.
- Delivery costs are charged in addition to the product price and included in the total cost in accordance with our charges as detailed in our Delivery and Returns information. Any additional charges are clearly displayed where applicable and included in the total cost when you check out.
- If you order goods from the website for delivery in another jurisdiction other than the Republic of Ireland, or order goods using a non Euro denominated credit or debit card, the actual price you will be charged will be subject to the exchange rate applied by your credit or debit card company.
- Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet aims to provide you with a safe, reliable shopping experience. If you have paid via your PayPal account, your account will be charged at the time of the order, once you confirm your order on the website. If we are unable to ship your items to you for some reason, we will refund the value of the items that were not sent. This refund will be made to the payment method that you used for the order.
- During the checkout process, we may use the information you provided to detect and prevent fraudulent activity. In so doing, we may disclose your address and postcode, as well as other information about your order, to third parties to perform that validation. Any disclosure of your information is done securely and you will never receive any marketing solicitation as a result of the information provided.
Right of Cancellation/Refund
If you need to make a change to your order, please email email@example.com or call 064 669 1112 and inform us of the item that needs to be changed. If the item in question has been specially ordered for you, we regret that we cannot cancel it as production will already have commenced. You are not entitled to a refund if you simply change your mind. For hygiene reasons, mattresses and divans, under any circumstances, cannot be returned. We are unable to refund or exchange damaged or imperfect goods or items sold as seen where imperfections were identified to you prior to purchase. All refunds agreed are issued by cheque and will be posted out to you within 7 working days. All returns must be in their original wrapping and unopened.
If you need to make a change to your delivery address of your order please contact us on 064 669 1112. A delivery cannot be canceled on the day of delivery as goods are loaded the evening before. Corcoran’s Furniture & Carpets must be advised of any cancellation of booked deliveries at least 24 hours before the scheduled delivery. If delivery is not accepted on the day and another delivery has to be arranged a redelivery fee with apply. You will receive a text to inform you of your delivery day – if this day is not suitable please advise an alternative by contacting the Delivery Department on 064 669 1112. You will be advised of an approximate delivery of morning or afternoon as you can appreciate circumstances beyond our control such as traffic congestion, breakdowns & inclement weather can play a role in the time you get your delivery. If you request your furniture to be placed in a specific room we are happy to do so, however we cannot accept liability for any damage to property that might happen therein as a result. When your Goods arrive it is important that you check immediately the condition and quantity and notify us of issues within 24 hours. We strongly advise customers, before purchasing furniture, to ensure that the dimensions of the doors, entrance hall & room are suitable for the intended purchase, as we are unable to offer a refund if the items are found unsuitable. If your purchase does not fit we can issue you with a credit note, less 20% restocking fee. Special orders cannot be returned.
If due to circumstances outside your control you are unable to accept delivery when your goods arrive in to us we are happy to store your goods Free of Charge in our warehouse for a maximum period of 4 weeks, providing the goods have been paid for in full within 7 days of notification of availability. If after this period you are still unable to accept delivery then a further 4 week storage facility will be available, however, a storage fee of €50 per week will apply. We are unable to extend storage facilities beyond this period.
All bedframes, sliderobes & tables are delivered unassembled. If you require us to assemble any item you purchase we can arrange to do this, there will be a charge for this service. Prior notice and payment must be given if you require assembly of any item of furniture. Please note we do not provide assembly service outside of Munster.
Your purchase is warranted free of defects in material & workmanship under normal use for a period of one year from the date the goods were received. In the unlikely event that you feel you have an issue with a product, please contact our customer service department at Head Office, Killarney on 064 669 1112 where they will do everything possible to quickly resolve any issues you may have.
Carpet, Stoves, Tiles & Curtains Orders
Your Order: Please check the details of your order & if you have any queries please raise these immediately with the store. All delivery times are estimates given in good faith. Fitting appointments are made on your behalf with independent fitting contractors & due to the nature of fitting work exact arrival & completion times cannot be guaranteed. When the “delivery only” option has been chosen, delivery is to the delivery address only. Exact colour & texture matching between separate pieces of carpet, & especially between 4 metre & 5 metre rolls, cannot be guaranteed. All carpets & vinyl are sold & cut to the nearest 12cm in length. All sizes are approximate & with a tolerance of plus or minus 1.25%. If your room is close to the normal width of the carpet please allow extra carpet in case a join is required. If you supply your own measurement Corcorans Furniture & Carpets cannot be held liable for any discrepancies. As custom made curtains & blinds are ordered especially for each customer they are non returnable & non refundable.
Delivery & Fitting: Fitting services are carried out by independent self-employed fitting contractors under a separate fitting contract between the customer & the fitter. The fitter is responsible for the standard & quality of fitting & for any liability arising from the work. The fitting charge is payable directly to the fitter on completion of the work to ensure satisfactory fitting. Rooms must be cleared of furniture & old floor coverings before the fitter’s arrival unless arrangements are made with the fitter in advance. An additional charge may be made for this work. Failure to clear rooms prior to fitting may result in delays and/or inability to carry out the work at the appointed time & Corcoran’s Furniture & Carpets accept no liabilities for such delays. Please tell us & the fitter if your floor is not of standard wood or concrete construction, or if pipes/cables are fitted close to the floor surface. No liability can be accepted unless such hazzards are brought to the fitters attention prior to fitting.
Fitters undertake to carry out their work with reasonable care & skill but even with the greatest care, home decor may be marked or scuffed during the fitting process. New paintwork & wallpaper should be allowed to fully dry & harden before fitting, a minimum of one week is recommended. Doors may need to be trimmed to allow clearance. This is not part of the fitting work unless this has specifically been agreed. This is specialised carpentry work which the fitter may be unable to undertake. In the event that the doors do not have sufficient clearance for the carpet the fitters may remove the doors to allow for fitting & leave the doors ready for you or your appointed carpenter to carry out the trimming.
- From time-to-time we may offer certain online promotions which may apply to certain items purchased on the website. The conditions relating to the discounts offered through those promotions will be specified at the time of issue.
- We sometimes run online promotions that are not available in our retail stores, and we run other promotions in-store that are not available online. Unless stated explicitly, in-store promotions are not valid on the website, and vice versa.
- Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet reserves the right to change, alter or withdraw the discount at any time without notice.
- E vouchers are used for online purchases and are currently available for Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet purchases only. Evouchers are available in Euro only and although orders may be placed using an e voucher outside the Republic of Ireland, delivery is within the Republic of Ireland only. See our Delivery Information for further details.
An e voucher cannot be exchanged for cash. They are valid for 12 months from date of purchase. An e voucher will despatched by email as soon as payment has been cleared. Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet are not responsible for any delays in sending the voucher. From time to time an e voucher may be caught in spam filters or other security arrangements. Once we have despatched the voucher it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure it can be received.
Terms Governing Web Content and its Use
Linking to this website
- You may link to this website according to the following guidelines. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice if we believe these guidelines are not followed.
- The link must be done in a way that is fair and legal and neither damages nor takes advantage of our reputation
The link must not suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
The website must not be framed on any other site.
The link must be made to the home page only.
Links to other websites
- Our website may also contain links to other sites operated by Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet. We advise you to review the legal, privacy and security information for each such site to which you link as the terms and conditions and privacy policies may vary slightly from site to site.
Copyright, Trade Mark and other Intellectual Property Rights
- Except as otherwise expressly noted, all images, illustrations, designs (including product designs), graphics, icons, photographs, text, audio clips, video clips and other materials that appear as part of the website as well as the selection, arrangement and organisation of the foregoing and the website as a whole (collectively “Content”) are subject to copyright, trade mark, service mark, trade dress and/or other intellectual property rights or licences and rights of publicity and privacy, all worldwide rights, titles and interest in and to which are owned by, licensed or which may otherwise be used by Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet or our suppliers. All software used on this website is the property of Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet, its suppliers or third party suppliers as applicable and is protected by Irish and international copyright and other intellectual property laws.
- Subject to these Terms and Conditions, Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet grants a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to access and use this website and the materials displayed thereon. However, no right, title or interest in any such materials will be granted or transferred to you as a result of any permitted use of such materials.
Guidelines for use
- You may print off a copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the website for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on the website
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way from the website, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as authors, owners or licensees of material on the website must always be acknowledged
You must not use any part of the content on the website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors
If you print off, copy or download any part of the website in breach of these terms and conditions, your right to use the website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of materials you may have made
Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet reserves the right to claim damages, financial or otherwise, for any breach of these guidelines.
Submission and uploading material to our website
- You warrant that any Submissions comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. As such Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet will own exclusively all such rights, titles and interests and shall have the right to use, reproduce, create derivative works based upon, disclose, publish, distribute, display and publicly perform, any Submissions and not be limited in any way in its use, commercial or otherwise of any Submissions. Further, Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet shall be under no obligation to maintain any Submissions in confidence, pay to users any compensation or royalties for any Submissions or provide attribution to any users for any Submissions. Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet shall have no obligation to keep confidential, use, return or review any Submissions.
- Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other use of the website.
Social Media House Rules
- The Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet Social Communities have been created with you in mind. We want to show you what we’re doing and communicate with you on things that interest you and at the same time provide a channel where you can engage and interact with other’s who have similar interests to you.
- That being the case we want everyone to feel comfortable visiting our social pages (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) to discuss furniture, interior design and flooring. This means we monitor and review comments and remove anything that we deem to be inappropriate, offensive or contain external links that we feel might cause offence to other users. If you post something that is relevant then it will be left.
- Comments left by others do not represent the opinions of Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet.
A list of things that we consider to be in breach of our house rules includes:
1. Any comments which we consider threatening, harassing, abusive, violent, inciting violence or otherwise inflammatory to others (including other social media users) will be removed and users may be banned.
2. Any posts that are seen to be encouraging or may encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence will be removed and users may be banned.
3. Any comments that are discriminatory, racist, sexually explicit, vulgar, or offensive to others (including other social media users) will be removed and users may be banned.
4. Any comments that contain unlawful content or might encourage unlawful behaviour will be removed and users may be banned.
5. Any comments that included promotional information, including links to third parties or their products or services may be removed.
6. Any comments that contain political or religious activism or sectarian language will be removed.
7. Any content that infringes or may infringe third party intellectual property, privacy, or publicity rights will be removed.
8. Any content, comments or posts that are defamatory will be removed.
9. False, fraudulent, or misleading comments may be removed.
10. Any content that Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet considers to be spam, corrupt or may contains viruses that will be harmful to other users devices will be removed.
Disclaimer of Liability
- The website, its content, any material displayed on this website, any information available on or through this website and the software is provided “as is” and “as available” and without any guarantees, conditions or warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to its accuracy to the fullest extent permitted pursuant to applicable laws.
- Unless expressly stated to the contrary, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet and its suppliers, content providers and advertisers will not be liable in contract, tort, (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or grossly negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the Terms and Conditions for:
- Any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings) or
Any loss of goodwill or reputation or
Any special or indirect losses suffered or incurred arising out of or in connection to this website or the linked sites and any materials posted thereon
Any failure of a product ordered from the website to meet your expectations regarding fitness for purpose or for loss, injury or damage caused by a produce ordered online
Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet does not represent or warrant that your use of the website, or the operation or function of the website or any services offered in connection with the website will be uninterrupted or error free; that defects on the website will be corrected; or that the website or its server or any links are free of viruses or other harmful elements. Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet makes no representations or warranty that the website, materials, software or any product offered or purchased through the website is applicable or appropriate for use or access in locations outside the Republic of Ireland.
- Although this website is available worldwide, not all products or services discussed or referenced are available to all persons in all geographic locations due to restrictions placed on product distribution by our suppliers or otherwise. Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet reserves the right to limit at its sole discretion supply of these products and services as it so desires and any offer of any product or service on the website shall be void where prohibited
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet liability for death or personal injury arising from gross negligence, nor for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet will not be responsible for a failure to sell goods which you wish to buy or failure to comply with our obligations to you or any costs or liabilities which you incur as a result of circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents and affiliates, from any and all third-party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including but not limited to, legal fees) arising from your use of this website or your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet shall have the right in our absolute discretion at any time and without notice to amend, remove or vary the service and/or any page of this website.
- If any part of the Terms and Conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of the Terms and Conditions will not be affected. All other terms will remain in full force and effect. So far as possible where any term or part of a term can be severed or removed to render the remaining part valid, the term shall be interpreted accordingly. Alternatively, you agree that the term shall be rectified and interpreted in such a way that closely resembles the original meaning and intent of the term as is permitted by law.
- Any contract arising from the acceptance by Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet of an order is legally binding on both parties and cannot be assigned to another party with Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet express agreement. Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet may transfer or assign its rights under any contract or appoint third parties to assist it in performing its obligations at any time provided it does not affect it obligations to the purchaser.
- If you breach these Terms and Conditions and we take no action, Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions are to be construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ireland and, in the event of any dispute or claim associated with these terms and conditions, that dispute or claim shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
- The above Terms and Conditions, the Returns Policy and any emails regarding the services Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet provides constitute the entire agreement of the parties (Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet and the customer) and supersede any and all preceding and contemporaneous agreements between you and Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet. Any waiver of any provision of the Terms and Conditions will be effective only if in writing and signed by a Director of Corcoran’s Furniture and Carpet.